Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Back in Copenhagen
I began the week back with my usual morning bike commute to school, leaving around 8:15 ish I head out into the bike traffic of the morning. It's quite different. I never thought I would be in bike traffic. In Copenhagen there are specific lights for bikes and separate roads too. Once at school, I make coffee in a French press and begin the day. Before I left, I was learning how to mix color and use the silk screens. Now that we are back from our study tour, we are taking all that we have seen and learned and are beginning to think in patterns. In our studio spaces we have created what is called a "mood board." We started by making photocopies from our sketchbooks and took our previous printed samples and pinned them to the board to create our atmosphere of creativity. After preparing our studios, we were instructed on how to make a repeat for an all over pattern using a straight repeat and a half-drop. We are learning these processes by hand so that we can have a better understanding of how it comes together. I knew I liked pattern before, but now I can feel an obsession beginning. I can actually make repeats now out of just about anything! I feel like I have some powerful tool. It is really very simple though. Along with learning pattern making techniques, we will be forming ideas for our final peice. By the end of next week, we will be printing samples and doing colorways for our pattern. It is going by fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment