Thursday, August 23, 2007

Berlin

Going to Berlin was the perfect ending to my Europe travels. I stayed in the center of town in East Berlin called Mitte. My hostel was great and that made the trip work so well. I was able to use the books there and ask the receptionists about what to do and where to go. I made some friends from the UK an a girl from Amsterdam. We went out to dinner one night at a Thai buffet and then went to a club called Zapata that was very urban. It was a collection of old buildings with outdoor bars spread out in a open lot with sand. There was live music, music to dance to inside and more music in each bar setting. I did the tourist things as well. I took a walking tour that was full of history and all kinds of information on Berlin. I went to the Bauhaus museum, Pergamon, and Nue National Gallery. I discovered that Berliners are very proud to be part of the city and many people move to Berlin just because it's such an interesting city full of possibilities and culture. I could live in Berlin.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger