Wednesday, August 8, 2007
A summary of the past two days
For starters, I finished my final piece! How it got there was exciting, nerve racking, tiring, fun, and with a lot of faith. On Monday a group of us were scheduled to begin printing but that didn't happen because we had a field trip to see a textile artist, who was amazing but everyone got a little behind. Tuesday morning I woke at 6am and stayed up until 4am Wednesday printing my fabric. Kim and I were print mates and we alternated between hers and mine while our layer dried. By the time we were getting close to finishing, we couldn't go home because the trains didn't run and we were coming back early again. So we figured that we could use the drying sheets to sleep on and make pillows. We chose the cloth drying closet because it was mostly clear, but the floor was still concrete and the sheets were not at all cushiony. We laughed deliriously about our situation, but passed out as soon as we hit the floor. We got up this morning at 7:30am to finish the process. Today I unpinned my fabric from my print table, pinned it to the steam cloth, steamed it, washed it four times, boiled it once, and boiled again with soap. After that, I took it out of the big pot of boiling water, rinsed again, spun it, and then used the industrial sized feeding iron. Ta da! It's done! I don't know how to feel quite yet, but I think I like it. I'm not going to post the picture of it fully done until the show next week. I think I will look best then and I don't want you to see it until it looks at it's absolute best. Stay posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahh, I want to see it now. I can't wait that long. I bet it looks great. I loved what I saw in the picture of you being crazy. It looked beautiful! -KD
Post a Comment