Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm still here!


DSC03800, originally uploaded by ashleyrodriguezreed.

It's been quite some time since I've posted. I don't know who reads this but I do know there are a few people that I promised I would write consistently on this blog as a way to keep in touch. I've been putting it off and time has just flown by.

As a general update I'm loving it out here! I feel so lucky that I have this time to explore what I want and how I want. It was almost too free if that's even possible! I've been thinking/researching many subjects and of course it's hard to include all of these things at once.

One of my classes, the History of Modern Craft has been really interesting. I just learned about Candace Wheeler, one of America's first textile/interior designers and a leader in women's rights. She developed a business that gave women the opportunity to make a living through applied arts. She was able to infuse her personal beliefs, design aesthetic, and artistic talent into a business that helped unify the relationship of craft/art/design. I'm looking at her right now as an example of qualities I would like to practice myself...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger