Wednesday, July 25, 2007
My studio space
This is my "mood board" and work space. This is where the
cutting, drawing, and coloring happen for my ideas. I walk
between here and the copy machine to see how my drawings can
turn into pattern. By the end of the week we are supposed to
form the idea for our final peice. At this point I have not let my
mind settle on anything just yet. I am still absorbing all that I have
learned about how patterns come together and it feels great. There
are so many possibilities! I can work with reactive dyes, pigment,
and chemical burnout. The fabric can be canvas, cotten sateen, linen,
cotten, or cotten/poly blend. And there are all the elements of color,
scale, distance, and repeat that a pattern designer has to consider
and inevitably change. But that is the beauty of it. Going through
this learning process is just as fun as seeing the end result, perhaps
more rewarding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I like the design that is black and white with curvy lines and shapes in the middle bottom of above phote and the bottom right of below photo. I think it would look awsome in blue and yellow overlay making green in parts where the two colors would meet. Would you consider making me a canvas bag with that printed on it.
Janel
Yes, I like that one too. It is a design done by a young woman from Marimekko. I thought it made good inspiration. I like things that move and twist. I can't wait to get home and try some things out. I would love to make you a bag, but it will have to be an "inspired by print."
Post a Comment