
Sometimes people look at me funny when I'm sitting next to this little black box. "Shashin" "kamera," I say. Or "potograph" "camera." Sometimes if the looks is still questioning, I say "pinhole" and they usually get it. These days little black boxes could have so much more suspicion that they used to. Walking around Tokyo trying to throw your trash away only to wonder "how is this city so clean without hardly and trashcans?" and there are millions of people?! This is another sign of times. When I asked my friends in class, they said after the US terrorist attacks, Japan didn't want any easy ways for terrorists to hide bombs. At least no one litters.

1 comment:
Funny how old time cameras with any bulk generate alot of suspician from passers by. When we took the basic photography class, I went through many buildings with a little digital camera and photo'd everything. Later when I went back and had to spend 5 minutes setting up a single photo with manual camera,no flash, I was told no photos allowed or questioned about what I was doing.
Post a Comment