
I walked across, around, up and down the city today. I have
dirty, blistered, aching feet to prove it. It's good pain. I went to
school for the VERY LAST TIME to take down my fabric and
collect the rest of my work. As I walked through the print room
I felt a sense of grieving. But I think it's good to feel so strongly
because this whole experience meant a lot to me. I remember
knowing that I wanted to do printed textile design and started
researching and happened to find the perfect program.
In the above picture is Stroget, the famous pedestrian walkway. I
made my way through it today during my citywalk. It was bustling with
shoppers, dinners, and people watchers. I really like the atmosphere the
city has with bikes everywhere. It's a laid back happy feeling...kinda
of like, "we're not in a rush, we like to ride our bikes and talk along the way."
Maybe I'll spray paint bike lanes in Omaha. Hey, it's a start. I sold my bike
today also. Had to say goodbye to it. But I'm looking forward to my own
bikes...and some good mountain biking.
Three days in Berlin. Completely different. I will be sure to let you
know how it all wrapped up. And if there's anything you're wondering
about, just ask.

4 comments:
Hi Ashley, Sorry I couldn't make it to the exhibition but I bet you had great time over there. I don't know if you know this,.... that 15th of August is an Independence Day for India and I had some undeniable Volunteer work at the embassy! and later I left for Roskilde!. Well enjoy your trip to Berlin...might catch you later...AKKI.
Ahhh, I felt so emotional reading your last comments about Copenhagen. Stroget looks amazing! It's probibly both a sad and very happy time for you right now finishing your program. I can't wait to see you! Love, Katie
YOU NEED TO GET HOME!!!! I don't care about Copenhagen I miss Ashley! Haha..okay I DO care, but we should hang out on Friday night..puhlease?!?!?! Alright, this is spasdic..I've been fine without you, really...
-Sooze
Hi Ashley! I am Paco from the Hostel in Berlin. When you told me about your works I did not expect that you were a really good artist! Congratulations, go on with your artist designs!
Felicidades!
Post a Comment